Monday, September 21, 2009

TVS Apache RTR 180 TEST DRIVE

Finally i got a chance to test drive this beast. Ya i missed her by some 15 days or else i would have been riding on her. Anyways coming to the point , i got a chance to test drive her last week when i took my rtr fi for service. The test bike was a black one .

The show room guy popped behind me and was like instructing me how to ride the bike, i said come on man stope kidding. And pushed the start button. The first thing i noticed was the exhaust note , it wasnt even near to the one in EFI . I started moving and gosh i was able to feel vibrations in the bike even at 45 kmph. I thought what the hell and asked the guy what was the prob . He said that the fork was bit loose and thats the reason for the vibration.

Well now it was time for me to ripe her and i did, gosh i really felt the pulkling power of her. It was just awesome. But after getting used to Fuel injection's throttle response it wasnt even near to that. Neverthless this is a 177 cc mill where as the fi is just 159cc . It does make a big deal of diff.

The acceleration was too good and i was at around 70' s in few second. The showrroom guy that started like take left . take left. I had to give in for him and i took a left into a narrow street and then it was just street with poor road's all along i was not able to rip her more than that. But still the handling was spot on, thanks to the new tubeless TVS rubbers and the extended wheel base . I still feel the road grip can improve loads if it was an MRF Zapper.

It was the end of my test drive and i had tested the Menace. I would rate the handling and acceleration better than the EFI . But it didnt have the exhuast note or the response as that of my efi. Overall i wil give in for 180 because of the crazy prob's which i face in my bike. I feel this is a real VFM bike for you guys.. Ride on guys :)
TVS Apache RTR 180 Specifications:
Engine capacity: 177.4cc
Engine type: single cylinder, air cooled 4st
Max Power: 17.3bhp @ 8500rpm
Max Torque: 1.58kgm @ 6500rpm
Gear box: 5 speed constant mesh
Fuel system: carbureted
Front brake: 270mm petal disc brake
Rear brake: 200mm petal disc brake
Front suspension: Telescopic hydraulic fork
Rear suspension: gas shocks
Front tyre: 90/90 x17
Rear tyre: 110/80 x 17
Height: 100mm
Length: 2085mm
Width: 730mm
Ground clearance: 180mm
Kerb weight: 137kg
Fuel tank capacity: 16 liters

No comments: